Friday, February 12, 2010

Up on my work bench



Currently I'm working off and on a bunch of different stuff but here is a look at one of them. The studio scale Colonial Viper. The Viper is an all resin kit that measures about 15inches in length and produced by Monsters in motion based off the classic series. Its impressive but sadly this kit is loaded with soft details. The master molds from the numerous pulls looks to have been extremely worn out by the time of this run. The work I've been doing to this kit is to remove a lot of the soft spots and either sharpen them up or locate the original kits that were used on the original prop. Currently I can't decide if I want to place a lighting kit inside of the engines or not? Also this kit came with a launch rail for the display but I'll pass on that for a different type of base. Since this kit has come out there have been numerous rebuilds and ground up from scratch  releases of the Viper by different sellers that are much more accurate. You can find some of these build ups and sellers over on the RPF listed in the links listed down towards the end of this page. Later when I get the pictures up I'll show the 1/500 scale Space Battle Ship Yamato I want to get started and some other goodies.
Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment